First time experience with menstrual cup-throw away all your fears

 Hi friends,


I would like to share my first-time experience of using a menstrual cup.




How many of the readers, have heard about a menstrual cup?

I have heard about it just a year back, that too from the advertisement I saw from FB.

I was wondering why I haven't heard about it these many years?

when I enquired about it to my known circles only 2-3% were aware of it and only less than 1 % were using it.

I was thinking about how we get to know about sanitary pads? my sister told me about it when we went on vacation to her home and she gets to know about it through the campaign conducted by one of the sanitary pad companies in her school and wondering why there is not much information about the cup?

I guess everyone does have a similar story. I was waiting for a year to switch to menstrual cup even after knowing about it because I want any of my known circle to say its good that they have tried it.

when I was inquiring about a menstrual cup to my circle, the reason I heard for not switching to a menstrual cup are

1.fear of insertion
2.fear of removal
3.fear of leakage
4.fear of hygiene
5.fear, because known people were not using it.


so friends, Here I am sharing my experience with you to switch or try.

Before switching to the menstrual cup, I have read a lot about it.one common thing that I come across is a person who has switched to a menstrual cup will recommend to everyone as its that much comfort and its eco-friendly, reusable, and pocket-friendly.

I ordered a menstrual cup in an idea to try thinking "I will try, if it's not working will switch back to sanitary pads".

I was very bold to try, but was having little fear inside, will I be able to insert and remove?
I was not feared about leakage, as I technically know it's impossible to leak unless we properly insert and master the technique of inserting it.

I sterilized my menstrual cup when I get to know, I will be getting my periods in few hours and I relaxed and read the instruction booklet that came with my cup, I tried two-fold and tried to insert, I struggled a bit to insert.it took 10 mins for me to insert, I removed immediately to check whether I can remove it. I again tried to insert it just took 5 mins lesser than before to insert and I was able to remove easily without spilling it down. It's not as scary as it looks👽
I am a person who is afraid of inserting a tablet inside the vagina for bacterial infection 😞 but I can insert and remove it easily now and the night was so comfortable.

I want to mention one more thing, I was able to pass urine and motion without removing a menstrual cup. I feared should I need to insert and remove it before every time. but then the fear of that thing vanished.

I can sleep easily without any stress to change my pads in between sleep and pads touching tighs and its irritation is completely over with this menstrual cup.

I initially emptied my cup every 6-8 hours to check the capacity of my flow. Flow varies to everyone, but I think its more than enough by emptying it around every 10- 12 hours because in 12 hours it's not filling even a half, but for the first time its recommended to change every 8 hours to check one's capacity.

Cleaning is not that tough, I just washed with normal plain water every time I change and while bathing I will keep in hot water and sterilized it before and after my cycle.

the best thing is I didn't felt I have inserted it and I didn't have any smell.

Tip to insert and remove: To insert I relaxed my thigh muscle and to remove gave a little pressure which we used to do while passing motion, that helps a lot.

There is no need to bend and see to insert a menstrual cup, It's enough if our hands are able to reach our vagina.

I heard about the stone soup menstrual cup from 3 of my friends who are using it and gave me good feedback about it and I am using it, really it's wonderful. periods is just another day.

overall I am super happy of switching to a menstrual cup and wish everyone to switch and say goodbye to itchy and irritating sanitary pads and you could be a person contributing to saving nature by not disposing of sanitary pads which is not biodegradable.

Comments

Post a Comment